You’ll all be excited to know that my husband made up for last week in a big way this week! So, definitely checkout the “what my husband did this week “section. This week went by so fast again and I spent most it running around like crazy trying to get my act together for this BBQ we are having on Sunday. I got a little crazy and invited way too many people, should be interesting to say the least. Anyway, sorry I’m a day late, but here you go.
This week I learned that:
10. I can exercise for 40 plus minutes, 10 days straight and not lose any weight. ( I dd lose inches, but not any weight)
9. I also can do a 3 day cleanse and still not lose any weight. ( I swear I have a 20 pound tumor somewhere, but the insurance denied my CAT scan -Bastards! )
8. my seven year old loves watching Melrose Place reruns with me. ( I really don’t know what to think about that one.)
7. there’s a crack by my backdoor and these tiny ants keep making their way in. ( so, gross-must fix this immediately! )
6. the last week of school is all half days. ( seriously, couldn’t they just keep him a full day for one last week-LOL)
5. trying to plan a party with healthy food options for a large group of people is impossible unless you spend a ton of cash. ( sorry ahead of time for the fake juice, white bread, and non organic hot dogs)
4. NYC moms can maneuver a stroller just about anywhere, in any space, and look fabulous and in control. ( unlike myself, that always looked liked I needed more sleep and help in the largest of places)
3. people calling me Melina instead of Milena doesn’t seem to bother me as much anymore. (whatever, maybe I’m growing up or I’m just broken down)
2. even when good things happen to you sometimes they come with a price.
1. I don’t like posting my 10 Things a day late. ( it totally takes away from my weekly pace)
Oh, you probably all just skipped down here because you couldn’t wait right! Here you go:
This week my husband:
3. brought a clean basket of laundry back downstairs to our basement and dumped it out with the dirty clothes. ( that’s great, I love to do laundry!)
2. fell asleep on the train and missed his stop. ( instead of having me pick him up, he told me he’d take the next train back to the stop. He then decided that this was not a good idea that it would be better to take a bus to the next town over and walk home about 10 miles in the dark wearing a black shirt. He was originally less than 20 minutes away from our house, but it took him about 3 hours to get home. I waited until 11:30 thinking God knows what because his phone battery died as well and our last conversation was, : I’ll call you right back!”)
1. surprised me with the fact that he got a parking ticket in my car when we were in Washington, DC. (the surprise was when I got the letter saying my $100 fine is now $200 for not paying! I didn’t know about the ticket! This would be the second time this happened but that time it only cost me $20 instead of $10 when I got the penalty letter. Now, tell me-if he doesn’t want me to know why does he not just pay the ticket before I get the letter in the mail with a late fee!)
Have a great weekend! Wish me luck!