Every time my son has a good time he says, “That was the the best time I never had!” I think it’s hysterical. I can’t believe that August is just around the corner and I’m buying back to school supplies already. I’ve been spending some time thinking about all the things we still haven’t done yet. The family hit a bit of a hurdle when my husbands back injuries have caused us to cancel vacation plans and many other activities. The boys have remained virtually unaffected by it, but I still can’t help, but feel a bit of jealousy at the trips others are taking – big or small. However, there are things that you and I can do to make this the best Summer you never had! Here is my Summer bucket list: ( I’ve done a few of these already, but figured I’d pass them on)
1. Make pitchers of homemade Ice Tea and Lemonade
2. Jump Rope ( this is supposed to be a really good workout and I think the kids would think it was great to see me jump)
3. Read a trashy novel or any book in my huge pile of books! ( that I don’t have to do a review for)
4. Go kite flying with the kids. ( we have them- just gotta get them up)
5. Make my own pickles. ( I say this every year)
6. Go to the drive in.
7. Have a family picnic.
8. Play on the swings ( I love the swings-just don’t go on them after a pitcher of beer and hot wings)
9. Make smores by the fire.
10. Go to the fair.
These are just the small things, but they are what make Summer to me. No matter what your Summer holds in store for you, embrace it with open arms. Blow bubbles, chase a ball, get your hair wet, and dive into the kiddie pool for the best Summer you never had!