This has to have been the worst week of the year! I can’t even begin to describe what a horribly, crappy week it turned out to be. Sunday was so fantastic that the rest of this week was a shocker! So, I’ll spare you the hideous details because they are far too personal. I’ll just let you in on a few. I’ll be off for a few days of vacation and the weekend is looking promising as well. So, keep your fingers crossed for me that life takes a turn. Until then here is a piece.
This week I learned that:
10. if your lifeless body rolls down the stairs of the US Post Office in NYC it’ll take at least 100 people to walk by till someone calls 911. ( Seriously, I thought the guy was sleeping then when I came back he was on the sidewalk barely responsive to people. I ran up to the post office to get help and the guy told me he had to call his supervisor- WTF?)
9. I love street fairs! ( I knew this, but it’s been awhile. The food, the music, and drinking beer on the street in a plastic cup!)
8. when I’m sad the rain actually makes my emotions feel validated. ( It helps when the world is crying with me.)
7. sometimes people are so full of themselves they don’t hear anything you say unless it has to do with them. ( Boy, could I go on……)
6. my sons are starting to be able to read subway signs. ( Owen was directing me which way to go once I told him what train we were going to be riding!)
5. as if things didn’t suck enough I insisted on eating a super cheesy mac and cheese. ( Not good, considering I’m lactose and gluten intolerant, but I figured, How much worse could I possibly feel?)
4. chewing gum in an orthodontists office is like being thin and bringing a box of donuts to a Weight Watchers meeting. ( I wanted to smack the non-brace wearing tween that kept blowing bubbles and smacking her gum as my poor gum loving, but can’t have it anymore son was having his braces put on!)
3. I’m a bad mommy praying for rain so that TBall gets cancelled and I don’t have to sit there for an hour and half. ( I admit it. I was not into it this week.)
2. the birds are really out to get me! ( Please tell me that I’m not the only one that has birds slamming into their windows! I have a witness this time.)
1. when someone disappoints you so much, it can make you question every single aspect of your life. ( Not fun.)
Have a good weekend! I’m hoping to get some spring back into my step.