As a mom I’m always looking for short cuts to make my life easier. I also want to make sure those choices are healthy ones. My little guy in particular is a picky eater, but one thing that he loves more than anything is potatoes! As much as they are a family favorite they take time to prepare. Peeling, slicing, cooking can add a lot of time in the kitchen. Definitely not a last minute dish to prepare, it takes time.
I had heard of Simply Potatoes and have even seen them in the refrigerated section of my grocery store, but I have never tried them. Until now! I have to say that I’m a fan. It makes a quick and easy side dish for every meal. I prepare these hashbrowns for breakfast in a flash. No peeling or grating of any potatoes made it so easy and the boys loved it.
I can’t wait to try this recipe to make this Classic Potato Salad using Simply Potatoes.
- 2 packages Simply Potatoes® Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 medium red or green bell pepper, chopped (optional)
- 6 hard boiled eggs, peeled, chopped
1. In 2 1/2 quart microwave-safe casserole dish* combine Simply Potatoes and water. Cover; microwave on HIGH 10 to 12 minutes or until Simply Potatoes are tender. Drain water.
2. Meanwhile in large bowl whisk together mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper until smooth. Add cooked potatoes, celery, red pepper and chopped eggs. Stir gently. Refrigerate 1 hour to blend flavors.
Tips: To prepare hard boiled eggs, place eggs in 3 quart saucepan. Cover eggs with cold water. Bring water to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer 15 minutes; drain water. Add cold water to saucepan. Let stand 5 minutes. Drain; peel and chop eggs.
* A 9-inch square baking dish can be used for a 2 1/2 quart casserole baking dish.
For more Simply-fied recipes visit Simply Potatoes online today!
Want to try them for yourselves! The folks at Simply Potatoes has offered to give one of my readers a free product coupon to help them simplify their life with Simply Potatoes! Please wait for the form to load. US Only. Giveaway ends July 27Th.
Disclosure: I was given free product coupons in order to facilitate this review. All thoughts are my own!