I love this picture of my husband talking to our son. Do you see his face? This is encouragement! When things aren’t going as well as you think they should be, take a step back and encourage your children to be the best that they can be. You don ‘t need to talk them down and make them feel small. My son’s team was losing and losing bad. You would never guess it by this picture. I don’t want to feel that my husband and I are exception to the rule. I hope that everyone that has a child in sports encourages the game as an opportunity to grow. An opportunity to try your best and be proud of that fact. I’ve told my my boys over and over again that losing is just an opportunity to win again. Isn’t that true? As adults we fail and get up and keep going. This is where I feel it begins, as children. If you do your best you can never really truly lose. Someday, you’ll have your moment. That moment when everything falls into place and you feel as if you have truly won. There might not be rewards, trophies, etc, but you won’t need them. You’ll just know. I learned alot this week and well, if I keep learning then I guess I keep living. Here we go…….
This week I learned that:
10. watching that babysitter alone with the kids horror movie gets tired. ( We all know what happens, blah, blah, blah)
9. I really need to have my cat groomed. ( It’s going to cost me a small fortune, but it’s all my fault his fur in a big fat ball and he keeps trying to bite me!)
8. when you look like shit you feel like it too. ( I tried doing the whole sweatpants, I’m at home relaxing thing and it felt like crap. Seriously, people think this is relaxing and feels good? )
7. people that take themselves too seriously are a bore. ( yes, yes, you are so important and by far “better” than me. Please tell me how superior you are once again.)
6. when I let loose I can be pretty funny. ( You just need to know when and who you joke around with.)
5. even when I don’t like somebody I still feel for them when something awful happens. ( I guess I’m not as hard as I think I am sometimes.)
4. somethings aren’t that easy to explain on a top ten list. ( I had something I wanted to say, but no matter how I wrote it, it sounded awful.)
3. disappointment can be worse than actual bodily harm at times. ( When you care about somebody so much and they turn out to be not who you thought they were it can hurt worse than losing an arm.)
2. you are so vain that you won’t let anyone see you till you visit your plastic surgeon. ( Seriously! You just had a baby. Give your fake, hair, nails, and teeth a rest till the rest of your body catches up.)I got your number.)
1. women are warriors. ( You find strength even in the absolute bottom less pits of despair.)
Have an awesome weekend. Mine just got ruined about 20 minutes ago, but such is life.