This has been quite a week. We left last Thursday to checkout DreamWorks How To Train Your Dragon Live Spectacular and then took off for Salem, Massachusetts that night. The show was amazing and so was out trip to Salem. It really is the place to be during October. The kids had so much fun. It was also my 12 year anniversary. I can’t believe it’s been 12 years already. Amazing! After the weekend was over I experienced a huge disappointment, but my mood eventually picked up. I attended a private screening of Here Comes The Boom and had a chance to meet the actors Kevin James and Henry Winkler. Now that made me smile and forget about things for awhile, I have a good life. It would be naive of me to think that I could just walk through it unscathed right? Anyway, here we go…..
This week I learned that:
10. no matter how many times I’ve seen it, my friend Twitter profile picture freaks me out! ( Seriously! I’m disturbed everytime I look at it.)
9. I’ll never apologize for being me. ( All of the flaws are part of all the good stuff that got me here. I’m not perfect and I don’t pretend to be.)
8. people still think I get free shit for doing nothing. ( Trust me I work for it. I don’t just get handed things.)
7. awesome connections can be made online. ( I have made some good friends recently online and some great business contacts. It’s not all creepy out there in cyberland!)
6. my cat is so much happier now that he’s been shaved. ( Thanks J! Now if I could get him to leave me alone at night I’d be happier!)
5. the political rants on Facebook have changed the way I look at some people. ( It’s unfortunate, but true.Everyone has a right to their opinion, but most of this chatter is senseless.)
4. the greatest power I have at times is in what I don’t say. ( Sometimes silence can speak louder than any words.)
3. losing trust in someone can be as painful as losing a limb. ( It’s going to be a long road back buddy.)
2. every night I stay up way too late and regret it in the morning. ( Then I do it again, and again and again. Somebody stop me!)
1. people pronouncing my nameincorrectly still puts me over the edge. ( I’m planning an entire blog post about this one. My name is Milena, not Melina, not Melanie and I’ll never understand why it’s so difficult.)
Have a great weekend!