As a Good Cook Kitchen Expert I receive products to try in exchange for my honest thoughts and recipes. This time I was sent this gorgeous cookie baking set! That you will have a chance to win as well!
To celebrate I had my own cookiepalooza baking day which happened during a snowstorm! It was perfect! I made snickerdoodles, sugar cookies, holiday chocolate chip cookies and Double Chocolate Cherry Cookies. I asked my Facebook friends what their holiday favorites were and when my friend David sent me this recipe I knew it would be a winner. He was kind of to let me share it with you. So, armed with my new products I went and here is what I thought.
In My Sweet Creations by Good Cook Package:
- Sweet Mixing bowls : Great! I used all 3 sizes. They were perfect for my recipes, plus they have a non-slip base which worked well.
- High-tem spatula : I used this to scrape the sides of the bowls. It has a sturdy wooden handle and the silicon doesn’t scratch the bowl.
- Flex cookie turner : Perfect size and bent at just the right angle for scooping hot cookies.
- Cookie dropper: My favorite item! I would never have purchased this item and I am regretting years of cookie making without it! The cookies all came out the perfect shape and size. The big plus is that my hands didn’t get dirty and didn’t have to mess around with spoons.
- Cookie Cutters: I love that they have a good-sized pull handle in the middle. Plus I used the sugar cookie recipe that came on the box and I must say, “It’s quite tasty!”
DISCOUNT CODE and GIVEAWAY:
Right now you can get 5% off any of the Sweet Creations products at Good Cook.com with the discount code COOKIES. Starting December 17 visit the Good Cook website where you will have the chance to win 1 of 10 cookie sets! All you need to do is “like” one or more of the cookies featured on the site to enter. Of course I’d like for you to vote for mine Double Chocolate Cherry Cookies, but it’s your choice! Good Luck!
- 1¼ Cups Butter (softened)
- 1¾ Cups Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 TBS Vanilla
- 3½ Cups Flour
- ¾ Cups Unsweetened Cocoa
- ½ TSP Baking Powder
- ½ TSP Baking Soda
- ¼ TSP Salt
- 2 6 oz jars Maraschino Cherries (Halved)
- 6 oz Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In large mixing bowl, using a mixer at medium speed, beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla then mix well.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder , baking soda and salt.
- Stir into butter mixture. (Dough will be stiff)
- Shape dough into 1" balls. ( I used the Cookie Dropper)
- Place 1" apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Press cherry halves into center of each cookie.
- Bake 8-10 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
- In a heavy saucepan, over medium heat melt chips with condensed milk.
- Continue cooking about 3 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Frost each cookie, leaving the top of the cherry showing.
- Store loosely covered at room temperature.
Happy Holidays from Be Your Best Mom and Good Cook! What’s your favorite cookie?