When I was sent a package of goodies from General Mills through Platefull Co-Op to create a unique breakfast that a busy family could make, I immediately focused on the Nutella. With Valentines day around the corner I love making my boys something special, and Target has everything for a quick and easy breakfast. We’ve been enjoying plenty quick breakfasts thanks to my goodie box. Here is what I had to choose from to make a unique breakfast:
•1 pouch Nature Valley® Protein Granola
•1 box Nature Valley® Granola Bars
•1 box Honey Nut Cheerios® Medley Crunch™ cereal
•1 box Trix® cereal
•1 package Quaker® Oats
•1 jar Jif® peanut butter
•1 package Nutella® mini cups
•1 pouch Grandma Hoerner’s® Big Slice™ apples snack
As you can see it was tough, but Nutella won my heart!
You also find special savings on these products at Target – and even more inspiration by visitingTarget.com/BreakfastTwist (This site will not be live until 2/16/2014)
Easy Nutella and Strawberry Crepes:
- ½ Cup Nutella
- 8 Egg Roll Wrappers
- 4 TBS Unsalted Butter
- 2 TBS Sugar
- 2 Cups Frozen or Fresh Strawberries (cut in half)
- Spread 1 TBS of Nutella in a line ½ inch thick across the the bottom quarter of each wrapper.
- Fold tightly to form crepes.
- Melt 2 TBS of butter in a large skillet over medium heat,
- Add 4 crepes with the seam side down. Sprinkle with ½ TBS of sugar.
- Cook for 1 to 2 minutes then flip.and cook for 1 more minute.
- Plate crepes.
- In the same pan add berries 1 TBS of sugar and cook while stirring. Berries will soften and sugar will melt in about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Spoon over crepes and serve immediately.
Using the egg roll wrappers makes this dish quick and easy. If you have time you can make your own crepes, but this dish is still elegant even with the cheat.
What do you do to take breakfast to the next level?
“Disclosure: The information and prize pack have been provided by General Mills through Platefull Co-Op.”