“I participated in an Influencer Activation Program on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Nutrish for Cats. I received a sample of Nutrish for Cats to facilitate this review and a promotional item to thank me for participating.”
We love our cat Ritzy. He is certainly part of our family. He can also be quite finicky. I was a bit nervous about him trying Rachael Ray’s Nutrish for Cats. He has a special blend of food that we buy him from the vet and when I have tried offering him other brands he snubbed them. This has been not only frustrating, but costly to our family. I also want him to have a healthy cat food. We agreed to try Nutrish for Cats because it’s made with real chicken and salmon. It’s the number one ingredient! There is no poultry by-product meal or fillers and no artificial preservatives or flavors. How could he say no?
Well, I bet you’re dying to know whether or not Ritzy ate his natural food for cats. The answer is yes! Ritzy actually ate the Real Salmon and Brown Rice Recipe Nutrish dry food for Cats! Frankly, it’s a true miracle. The kids even cheered. We could see that Ritzy was truly enjoying his food. As a cat parent I was enjoying the fact that I could buy him a natural food product and help raise money for rescued animals. Yes, Rachel Ray Nutrish has raised more than 6 million dollars for Rachel’s Rescue since it launched in 2008. Rachel’s proceeds help animals in need of medication, treatment, and shelter.
Now the Super Premium Natural Wet Food for Cats:
This was pretty much a no-brainer. Of course he loved it!!!!! We tried Rachel Ray Nutrish Ocean-Fishalicous, Paw Lickin Chicken and Liver Recipe and Ocean Fish & Lip Smackin’ sardine & Mackeral Recipe. All inspired by recipes from Rachel’s kitchen. There are no grains or anything artificial in your cats food. Did Ritzy eat it? Of course! He was in heaven. I couldn’t get him away from the bowl. He also weighs about 18 pounds so getting him away from the bowl is no small feat!
Money Saving Coupons:
Why don’t you try making the switch? When you click on the word coupon you can print coupons for Nutrish dry and wet cat foods and give it a try! Not sure where to buy Nutrish for Cats? All you need to do is visit “Where To Buy” and you can find a location near you!
Visit Rachel Ray Nutrish on:
You know who else I couldn’t get away from the bowl? My son! We had an opportunity to try one of Rachel Ray’s recipe with our family and it was a big hit. I made Teriyaki Chicken with Brown Whole Grain Rice from the kitchen of Rachel Ray. The dish was wonderful and my son came back for seconds. He also asked me to make it again. I can say- big hit! Here is a copy for you to print and try at home!
- For the rice:
- 1½ cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup brown whole grain rice
- For the sauce:
- 1 cup chicken stock
- About ⅓ cup Tamari or soy sauce
- About 3 tablespoons Mirin (rice wine)
- About 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- About 2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 thin slices fresh ginger root
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- For the chicken:
- 2 tablespoons high-temperature cooking oil, such as peanut or canola
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Sea salt and coarse black pepper
- 2 mild frying peppers, such as cubanelle or Anaheim, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 bunch scallions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- In a small pot, bring the stock and butter to low boil. Stir in the rice and cover; reduce the heat to a low simmer and cook for 2 minutes. Turn off the heat; do not remove the lid and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Place the sauce ingredients in another small pot and bring to a boil. Let reduce by about half, 15 minutes at medium heat, at a low boil.
- Add about 2 tablespoons cooking oil to a skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with light salt and more aggressively with pepper. Cook for 8-9 minutes, turning occasionally; remove. Add the peppers and stir for 2-3 minutes, but let them remain tender-crisp. Add the scallions and toss for 1 minute more; remove from the heat.
- Slice the chicken across the breasts into ½-inch thick pieces.
- Arrange the rice on plates or in shallow bowls and top with the peppers, scallions and chicken. Drizzle the sauce evenly over the chicken and rice, then serve.
One lucky US reader will win a Nutrish prize package. The package includes a bag of Nutrish for cats and a sampling of Nutrish wet foods! One winner per house hold. Please wait for the form to load and good luck! Giveaway ends August 18, 2014.