As always this month rolls around and if you have kids in school or even homeschooling the craziness begins. It’s a month jam-packed of activities, paperwork, events and more! It’s madness and looking back I wonder why I would ever expect anything to change this year. I suppose I was delusional thinking I had a grasp on things this year.
How about you? Here is my scoop!
This month I learned that:
10. when someone shows you who they are you should believe them. ( Yes, that person that told you they have no loyalty to anyone, the other one that bashes every single person in the room to you……You have it right there. They won’t be there for you.)
9. waking up with a canker sore sucks. ( How can you focus on anything when you have that annoying thing in your mouth!)
8. people think that because I have chickens that I have an endless supply of eggs. ( I have 6 chickens they lay maybe 4-6 eggs a day. There are 4 people in my house. I’m not swimming in “extra” eggs.)
7. sometimes I tell people that I don’t work when they ask me because I don’t want to explain blogging to them. ( I know what some of you are thinking, “No you don’t work. You just get free crap and write about it.” But it is work, and I do get tired of trying to explain it. I need to change that I suppose.)
6. I hate close talkers. You know, the people who get right in your face when they talk to you. ( There is this one lady I swear I run from every time I see her because I feel like she’s invading my spacial boundaries. She’s nice, but too close for comfort.)
5. when someone starts a conversation with, “I’m not judging you, but I have to ask…” you know that means yes, they are judging you. ( Enough said.)
4. just when I think I’m doing everything wrong I need to just stop and look at my kids. (They are proof that I do get things right sometimes!)
3. I can’t stand the iPhoto upgrade on my computer. ( I can’t do anything with it! I need to find some time and figure out how this crazy thing works!!!! Help!!!)
2. my cat will pee in the entry way if I let him stay upstairs at night. ( I spent money at the vet because I thought he was sick, I bought special scents to help soothe him and he still does it. “Habit” says the vet $400 later. Now he spends the night in the basement!)
1. my kids will forever keep me on the edge of my seat. ( In the last 2 years we went from a public school family, to a homeschool one/ public school the other kid family and now this Fall we will be the private school family. Life just keeps changing!)