May seems like it has been the longest month ever for me! My boys and I are so ready for school to be done so we can plan our Summer adventures. Once again I will be taking advantage of the fact that I work at home or really anywhere, to keep my boys free and engaged with no camp in the mix. I know the scandal! No camp! Whatever, life is short, I’m home, and they are growing up way too fast! I’m going to suck it all in and enjoy every minute of it. (Except when I’m complaining because they are fighting! LOL!) Here are some things that crossed my path this past May worth mentioning.
This May I learned that:
10. as I get older I have less patience for small talk. I want to talk about things that matter. (About life, about feelings, and not things I own or try to put up a front for anyone.)
9. I’m so over being the one doing all the work while someone tries to take all the credit. ( Lesson learned (again!) and I’m keeping all goodies to myself.)
8. I’m tired of people saying I’m online all the time. ( IT’s called work. I have a blog and I need to keep people interested in what I have to say in order to be successful. I need social media shares, likes, and comments to make a living. What is it that you don’t get?)
7. now that I have said number 8 I can go and say this one. I find it annoying when people post all these memes or articles about “unplugging” and “unbusy” yourself then post a series of 12 selfies of themselves for no reason. No work, nothing. Just to be seen perhaps? Hmmmm. Ironic.
6. I find people who bring food that needs to be heated up in an oven to a Potluck annoying. ( At least call ahead and ask the hosts. The poor host always has to stop everything to take care of this situation. Bring a crockpot or hot plate with you. )
5. a thank you goes a long way. ( I recently extended myself to a couple of folks and all I wanted in return was a thank you. That’s it. A little goes a long way in my book, entitlement goes out the window.)
4. just when I think I’m young I learn that I’m old enough to be my son’s teacher’s mother and my nephew just turned 30! ( Crap! When did this all happen?)
3. entitlement isn’t just something that the youth of today feel. I have encountered plenty of older folks that feel as if they “paid their dues” and are entitled. ( I’m sorry, but I don’t care how old or young you are right now. I respect people who have a strong work ethic and get the job done regardless of what it is or what it pays. If you take on the task do it like a boss and own that shit!)
2. I am not a hand holder or maybe I’m just horrible at giving instructions? ( Thank God for my husband because I feel like I couldn’t help people get out a room that only had one door by myself. I have always thought that I didn’t have any patience, but now I’m considering the fact that I might not be able to give good directions. Hmm, something to explore.)
1. to take the break. ( Read the book, drink the wine, stare at the stars, and just shut your eyes while enjoying the warm sun on your face. I started doing this lately and I have to tell you that I am so happy and full of energy because of all of these things. I have never just done this because no one has made me. Now, I make myself and I love it. This is a game changer folks!