I just made this yummy crustless quiche the other day with some nice farm fresh Swiss Chard. You can also use frozen packaged spinach. I like making crustless quiche because it keeps this dish gluten-free and also lower in calories. This can also be frozen and then reheated at another time. It’s the perfect freezer meal for breakfast, lunch or dinner! Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bunch of fresh Swiss Chard or Spinach or 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 6eggs, beaten
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese ( You could also use Munster or Pepper Jack)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees . Lightly grease a 9 inch pie pan. ( I actually use a baking spray)
- Cook and drain you greens. Set aside ( if you like you could also saute the onions, but I use them raw. They cook tender in the quiche so I don’t pre-cook them)
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, cheese, salt and pepper. Add greens and onions and stir. Pour into prepared pie pan.
- Bake in preheated oven until eggs have set, about 30 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Let me know if you give this a try and what you think. I love it!