This was both a long and short week for me. I guess it would depend on what day you asked me. The kids had off on Monday and Tuesday, then my oldest came down with a fever so he stayed home on Friday as well. It was all good as I have been having an awesome life lately. The encouragement from friends and strangers has been overwhelming. I have been feeling so much love and so many connections to people that I feel incredibly blessed. So blessed in fact that even when something happened during the week that would have brought down I was able to move through it with a clear head. Finally having a long awaited ladies night on Friday finished the week with a bang! I’m hoping some of the awesome energy around me follows through to you.
This week I learned that:
10. real friends can be honest with each other without being afraid of hurting each others feelings. ( It’s so refreshing to have someone say something to my face then behind my back.)
9. I need to take more chances. ( I’m feeling the payoff as well as, learning from the failures.)
8. my children will become sick at the most inconvenient times. ( Yes, I should have caught on to this one earlier in my parenting adventures, but I’m a little slow sometimes. )
7. it’s incredibly painful to watch your child struggle with something other children find so easy. ( I keep hoping I’ll feel better about this someday.)
6. setting a timer helps me accomplish more tasks throughout the day. ( I didn’t want to go there, but what I was doing wasn’t working. This does.)
5. for local drama all I need to do is go to my towns Facebook page. ( I can’t believe the bickering, righteousness and downright nastiness that happens on there sometimes. Makes me feel kind of normal.)
4. what I write and say matters. ( Knowing that has made me more accountable and I’m glad. )
3. I’m surround by people working on changing their lives. ( I’m so proud to be in their company. Whether it’s losing weight, fighting a broken system, or saving their marriage people are doing it and I’m inspired.)
2. the changes that I’m making have been noticed and that keeps me moving forward. ( Thank you, thank you for your kind words.)
1. sometimes the same fears and insecurities that I feel within myself are the same ones felt by others close to me. ( We can’t help each other unless we talk about it. It can set you free.)
Hope you had a great weekend!