This is a yummy, not spicy, tender chicken recipe. Chicken can be sketchy in a crock pot and become dry, but not this one. I’m loving my slow cooker lately because it’s been too hot to cook and this has saved me from getting take out. The whole family enjoyed this dish except of course my little vegetarian. I hope you give it a try! Enjoy!
- 1 pound of boneless, skinless, chicken breasts, cut into strips.
- 2 TBS of taco seasoning mix
- 2 TBS flour ( use rice flour to make it Gluten-Free)
- 2 Peppers cut into strips. ( I only used red, but you can mix it up!)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1½ cups salsa ( think and chunky is best)
- 1 cup of cheddar cheese ( or any cheese you like!)
- In a medium bowl mix taco seasoning and flour.
- Dredge chicken strips in seasoning and place in slow cooker.
- Add peppers, corn, salsa and cheese.
- Stir and cover.
- Cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours or LOW on 6-8 hours
- Serve over rice, in a wrap, or even in a taco shell!
Make sure to print it, pin it and share it! If you serve it without rice it makes a nice light dish. I used thin breast slices, but next time I would use a thicker cut.