* As a Good Cook Blogger I receive products to try in exchange for a review. No compensation was received and all thoughts are my own.*
So here is the challenge, make a recipe using avocados, but no guacamole. I was sent a Pro-freshionals Good Cook Avocado Slicer and two bonus pieces: a Citrus Reamer and Zester to help me out. I originally was going to make Avocado Fries, then a sandwich, then a pasta dish. Then it happened. My son broke his arm, needed surgery and I spent a good portion of my time in the hospital and now I’ll be a caregiver for 6 more weeks. I need something quick, easy, yet elegant. I was inspired by the fresh tomatoes I found in my garden upon my return home from the hospital. There was a recipe there! Then panic set in as I looked at the avocado slicer, How do I use this thing? Can it really be as simple as it looks?
I bought 2 bags filled with ripe avocados because I was not confident in my skills using the slicer. It was tough finding ripe avocados on such short notice. So, I sliced one in half and went to town with my slicer. It was awesome! I couldn’t believe how easy it was to use. It really didn’t need directions. It was that easy, plus neat and clean. I’m starting to be a big fan of kitchen gadgets. I then used the Citrus Reamer for fresh lemon juice on my avocado slices. I couldn’t believe how simple it was to cook when you have the appropriate tools.
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 avocado - peeled, pitted and sliced ( I used a Good Cook avocado slicer)
- Lemon Juice
- 2 small tomatoes, each into rounds
- Mix together Dijon, oil, vinegar, pepper and salt.
- Beat until all the mustard is dissolved.
- Slice avocado and drizzle with lemon juice
- Slice tomatoes in rounds
- Arrange on small individual plates or one large platter.
- Sprinkle with dressing
- Serve immediately
Dying to try the Good Cook Avocado Slicer or Citrus Reamer yourself? Or maybe another Good Cook ProFreshionals Produce Tool? Visit goodcook.com
Feeling Lucky? How about a giveaway? 2 lucky readers will win an Avocado Slicer and two bonus products. Giveaway is US only! Giveaway ends September 1, 2013. Please wait for the form to load and good luck!