* I received product and a gift card to purchase ingredients for this recipe. Recipe and opinions belong to me.*
Pancake syrup isn’t just for pancakes, waffles and French toast. Syrup can be utilized in many ways around the kitchen. Pinnacle foods that makers of Log Cabin pancake syrup and Mrs.Butterworth’s asked in what unexpected ways do I use pancake syrup. The first thing that came to my mind was the protein smoothies I’ve been making on my diet. Instead of sugar, we add sugar-free pancake syrup to sweeten the smoothie. That was something new to me, but it worked and tastes delicious for those of you that don’t like a protein drink straight up. The same is true for coffee and tea. I myself wanted to get a bit more creative. I am in a stuffed burger contest and I used my Log Cabin Sugar Free Syrup to grilled my apples. Here is a peek at my burger:
I lightly coated the apples with oil and pancake syrup with a little salt and pepper before I placed them on the grill. It gives the bacon and cheese a nice sweet and smoky taste. Reminds me of breakfast in the Fall. You can get my recipe for the Apple,Cheddar, Bacon Stuffed Chicken Burger HERE. Today, I’m going to share a quick recipe using Log Cabin Sugar Free Pancake Syrup to make delicious shortbread cookies. Both Log Cabin and Mrs.Butterworth’s Syrups contain no high fructose corn syrup!
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup butter (softened at room temperature)
- ½ cup Log Cabin Sugar Free Syrup
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees
- Using an electric mixer, mix the butter and pancake syrup together until smooth
- Stir the flour and salt together in a separate bowl.
- Slowly add the flour mixture into the butter mixture until well blended.
- Form the mixture into inch sized balls.
- Place onto a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray
- Flatten gently with your hand
- Bake in oven until lightly browned, 12 to 15 minutes.
The Giveaway: I’d like to share some love with my readers and I’m offering 2 readers a chance to win a coupon for either a Free bottle of Log Cabin Pancake syrup or a Free bottle of Mrs. Butterworth’s Syrup. Just fill out the form below and good luck! Giveaway is for US Only. Giveaway ends September 15, 2013.