Well, I had the pleasure of Condé Nast and Mary Kay sending me a box load of products and challenging me to recreate one of their Holiday Looks. While my make up skills can’t compare to the artists that got the looks ready for Glamour, Allure and Self magazines, I was ready to give it a go. Armed with my Mary Kay products and photo I got to work. My look was called ” The White-Hot Suit, A sleek and sexy 1970s style menswear-inspired but still feminine look. Other Bloggers had the chance to try The Flapper Chic and Silver Screen Siren Look. and Unfortunately, no directions were sent only product for me to reinterpret the look. here is how it went.
Hideous, I know. This is me hanging out in my snow day attire. Don’t judge. I’m working here.
The Tools by Mary Kay:
Steps to my holiday look:
1. I started with my face and applied the Mary Kay Foundation Primer Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 15. It has a slight scent that’s pleasant and goes on to create a smooth face,
2. Next I used a Brush from the Mary Kay brush collection to apply Mary Kay Translucent Powder. I was a bit messy with this, but I think I got the hang of it. I like how it looked on my skin.
3. Then I applied Time Wise Age-Fighting Lip Primer. I have found this to be an important step now that I’m getting older. It conditions the lip and helps control feathering and bleeding. It also prepares the lip for color.
4. I then applied Mary Kay LIp Liner in Clear. I have never used a clear liner before. I wasn’t sure where I was applying it, but loved the look when I added color.
5. Next I applied my True Dimensions Lipstick in Firecracker. I love the packaging of this lipstick. Sweet and elegant.
6. On top I added the Nourishine Plus Lip Gloss in Rock ‘n’ Roll.
7. Next I began my face, I used both the MIneral Bronzing Powder and Mary Kay Mineral Cheek Color in Shy Blush. I applied the bronzer all over and then the blush to the cheek area. I never would have done that combination, but I loved how it looked. I would do this again.
8. The eyes were next. This threw me for a loop. I had so many different things for the yes. I didn’t know where to start. I began by using the Mary Kay Cream Eye Color in Beach Blonde. I used it on my upper eyelid up to my eyebrow. I wasn’t sure this was right.
9. Next I lined my eyes with the Mary Kay Liquid Eyeliner in Black. I lined both my upper and lower lids.
10. The colors I used on my lids were Mary Kay Mineral Eye Color in Sweet Cream, Chocolate Kiss, and Copper Glow. I covered my entire lid with the Sweet Cream, lined my eye with Chocolate Kiss and highlighted with the Copper Glow. It didn’t look like the picture, but I was still satisfied with the results.
11. I conditioned my lashes with Mary Kay Lash Primer.
12. My favorite: Mary Kay Lash Love Mascara in Black. LOVED this! My lashes looked amazing! I used the Eyelash Brush from Mary Kay as well. My lashes looked great!
13. Lucky 13! I finished my look with Mary Kay Finishing Spray by Skindinavia. I have never used a finishing spray before. I felt like a professional.
All the makeup brushes I used were also Mary Kay. I believe that having all the right tools helps you look your best. I was in heaven.
Okay, so I might not have the entire white-hot suit thing down, but it’s a major improvement. I found that having the right tools can help anyone look great for holidays. As a former product junkie I think I might have just fallen off the wagon again! Mary Kay products can not only help you achieve your holiday look, but also makes great gift ideas.
Disclosure: Once again, I received complementary products to help me craft a post about my holiday look. All thoughts belong to me.