This is my first “10 Things” post of year. I can’t believe it took me so long to write it! Well, maybe I can. Things have changed so much for me in these last few months and honestly I haven’t felt like writing much. I started working out again and I’ve been truly enjoying the gifts that homeschooling has brought to my family. I really have been living and loving every moment of my life. I have also been taking some time to identify what it is about my life that’s working for me and what’s not. So, I plan on making some changes and I’m very excited about what’s to come this year.
This Week I Learned That:
10. if I threaten my husband with paying me and the kids a dollar per sock of his that we pick up the socks all of a suddenly aren’t anywhere to be found. ( Amazing! If only I would have known this sooner!)
9. even when everything is fine I still get the Winter blues. ( I’m trying my best to fight it! I think the exercise is helping, but the diet is making me a cranky bitch!)
8. people seem to love pictures of my cat on Facebook. ( I don’t think nude photos of me would get as many “likes”!)
7. eliminating negative people from showing up in my Facebook feed has certainly been a positive move. ( Yes, you can still stay “friends” with people and block them from showing up in your feed. I highly recommend it.)
6. both of my boys can still surprise me. ( No matter how well you might think you know your kids, a moment comes and they do the complete opposite of what you’d think they’d do. Hopefully, It’s a good thing!)
7. the half hour I get to spend in the morning alone with my coffee and laptop is a wonderful thing. ( It’s such a simple thing, but I love the silence.)
6. friendship is a two-way street and some people seem to have forgotten this fact. ( The phone works both ways, so does text and email. No need to be snarky.)
5. my son loves my scrapbooks! ( He loved seeing pictures of himself as a baby and where he’s been and what he’s done. Awesome!!!!)
4. even as an adult I still get jealous of people. ( I’m working on this one hard. The funny thing is that you’d probably be surprised over what I get jealous over. It’s not the usual stuff.)
3. I need to make more time for my hobbies and for reading. ( I’m missing these elements in my life.)
2. my son loves spinach! ( He would never eat it. When he was about 3 I think, he got sick and vomited spinach and hasn’t eaten it since. Tonight he tried it because it smelled so good and he loved it! Score!!!!!!)
1. something things are just worth letting go. ( Whether it’s actual things, people, or feelings somethings are just not worth holding on to. They just take up space and time.)
Have an awesome week!