*This post has been sponsored by Good Cook. All recipes and thoughts are my own.*
I have one child that’s a vegetarian and I’m always looking for ways to make just one dinner that everyone will enjoy. Sometimes just making something in a different form is enough to satisfy the little guys. I made this easy Vegetarian Taco Salad using several tools that Good Cook sent me. Remember that Bake – A – Bowl recipe I posted? Well, I used my Bake- A -Bowl pan here again plus a few of these items sent my Good Cook:
- SMART Ice cream scoop: probably one of my favorite ice scream scoops to date! You squeeze the handles to scoop and release to eject. This has been an easy way to fancy up a dish, nit only ice cream I use this for rice and potatoes.
- Flip Measuring spoon: A reversible spoon- How cleaver is that? I hate using multiple spoons and making a mess. This little gadget helps keep my messes down and keeps me on task.
- Safe-cut Can Opener: Do you really need another can opener? Yes! This one does just about everything. Opens cans, bottles, pulls back lids and twists off caps. I used this while making this dish.
- Egg Separator: Hands free- that’s what sold me! This little baby sits on the edge of the bowl and easily lets you separate eggs. I have been using tons of eggs whites so this has been a time saver.
- Pot Clip Holder: I can’t even begin to tell you how many wooden spoons I have burned because I’ve left them on the stove. This not only keeps your spoons from getting burned, but keeps your stove clean- another time saver. I used this as well while making my dish. It’s a keeper!
- 6 Flour Tortillas
- 12-16 ounce package of ground TVP (Textured Vegetable Protein)
- 1 Package of Taco Seasoning
- ½ can of Refried Beans
- 8 ounces Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Your choice of toppings: I used tomatoes, lettuce, guacamole and taco sauce
- Preheat oven to 350
- Cook vegetable protein according to package instructions.
- While that's cooking spray a bake bowl pan with cooking spray add one flour tortilla to each bowl.
- Cook for about 10 minutes, until browned and crisp.
- Add taco seasoning to protein according to package instructions.
- Fill each tortilla bowl with refried beans, protein and your choice of toppings.