As I sit my hotel room I had no idea I would be using my number one road trip tip, but I’ll get to that later……….
Fox Home Entertainment sent my family some Rio 2 inspired goodies to help us get our road trip off to a fantastic start. My kids packed their clothes in their Rio2 beach bags and off we went on our adventure. Although this trip wasn’t even half as long as the one we took a few months ago, I always use the same road trip survival skills I’ve learned. I’d love to share them with you and see what you think. f you have kids I’m sure you’ve done quite a few of these as well.
Road Trip with Kids Tips:
1. All electronic devices are welcomed and fully charged before our trips. ( iPods, tablets, and mommy’s laptop!)
2. Snacks and a cooler! ( I keep a small cooler with me up front ( and a big one in the trunk) with some drinks and snacks then refill when we stop at a rest area.)
3. Colored pencils, coloring pages, and blank paper for those creative moments! ( Colored pencils aren’t messy like markers or crayons!)
4. Bring friends! Stuffed animals, action figures, and even blankies! ( They go along way!)
5. Make sure you have an extra set of clothes available! For both adults and kids! Accidents happen, be prepared!)
6. First aid kit. ( You just need to be prepared. I’ll include sunscreen and bug repellant in this as well.)
7. Pack your meds!!! ( I always bring a bag with ibuprophen, allergy medicine, etc… ) First night away on vacation and my son wakes up with a fever and sore throat. Thankfully I had meds with me to help soothe him. Always bring them!)
8. Make sure you load all kids favorites and new movies on Digital HD! ( My boys had a chance to watch Rio2 in the car on our road trip. It was awesome! I never use the Digital HD features that come with my Blu-ray combo packs, but I’m a fan now. No need to bring tons of DVD cases with you just download and go. You can watch your favorites and even new movies like Rio2 on your laptop, tablet and smartphone. The Digital HD copy not only saves you storage, but money as well. It was so easy and convenient I can’t believe that I didn’t do it sooner. Another plus to having your Digital HD copy is that if you or your child gets sick (like mine did) on vacation you always have something available that they love.)
My son did recover quickly, thankfully and we sure did enjoy our trip. Rio 2 is now available in the iTunes store and on Amazon as a digital HD or you can get the Rio 2 (3D Blu-ray)/DVD Plus Digital copy in store July 15! We had some great laughs with Blu and Jewel and the entire Rio2 crew in the car. I can’t wait to see it on the big screen at my house when we get home.