You never know what life is going to throw at you. One day things are going your way and the next day you get hit out of nowhere! Literally an hour before my kids and I were rear-ended I finished having a conversation with a friend about how much I love my car. After making sure my kids were okay I had no reaction to the accident that just happened to us in front of our home. The other driver was kind, my neighbors came out to help and a friend that was driving by stopped and took care of my kids. I’m thinking I’m lucky. Its been 2 weeks and I still don’t have my car back. The plus side is that I have a rental and I don’t have to pay a deductible as the accident was not my fault. This is a small thing in the grand scheme of things. I don’t think I would have reacted so well a few years ago. I learned that I have so much more in this life than anything I could possibly own. I still like my car, but I love my life more.
This week I learned that:
10. I have had it with those super quick food “how to” videos that keep popping up in my Facebook feed. ( Yes, I even made one and it was good, but I still find them annoying.) You can easy make a “saved list” On Facebook by clicking this little arrow to the right of any post! Cool beans! That’s how I save all the good stuff I want to revisit!
9. it’s only a matter of time before I throw my back out doing mountain climbers. ( It’s an exercise move and after about 2 weeks without fail I throw my back out. I’m learning how to feel it and to slow down or just stop before that happens!)
8. it drives me crazy when people comment without reading an entire post. ( It drives me even more crazy when I make the same mistake! You caught me!)
7. people sometimes seek out information not to help someone, but just to get the scoop on something. ( I’m done with people contacting me just to find out information about someone instead of looking for ways to help. I have no stories to tell.)
6. when you run into someone that you haven’t seen in years and pick up right where you left off it’s a real friendship! ( This is true meaning of forever friends.)
5. having kids make their own Valentine cards/treats instead of doing it for them is a win-win. ( I feel like sometimes it’s a Pinterest competition between moms instead of a teaching/bonding moment with your kids. So, many skills can be learned, plus it’s a lesson in giving and receiving.)
4. it’s okay to take a break just to catch your breath. ( After the accident I took a few days off just to breath and that’s okay. Sometimes you don’t need to just keep plugging away, sometimes you just need to stop and take care of yourself.)
3. people can ask you for your advice about a purchase, then only buy part of it, then get mad at you when it doesn’t work. ( If I’m telling you that you need to buy, this, this and this and you only buy this of course it’s not going to work! It’s the whole kit and kaboodle or nothing.)
2. if you tell people your child is on medication for an illness they are cool with it, but if you say the doctor put your child on a special diet they look at you like you are insane. ( My son was sick for about 2 weeks. The new doctor we took him to put him on a special diet and he’s been fine. I’m a believer! Let food by they medicine- if you can!)
1. the double standard applies to boys too. ( If you would find it inappropriate for a man to behave a certain way around your daughter, it shouldn’t be any different if a woman behaved the same way around my son. A predator is a predator.)
Well, I hope you all have a great week! Be kind to one another as you never know what a person might be going through in their life.