Party favors, class room treats, hostess gifts you name it, I’ve made them! One of my favorite gift bag treats are Chocolate Covered Pretzels! After dipping in chocolate you can coat them with so many things; coconut flakes, sprinkles, crushed cookies, cereal and so much more. It’s easy, quick and makes a great impression. It’s also easy enough that kids can make it with just a little help. We just made a batch for Valentine treat bags for the classroom. I had also given these out for party favors. People love a homemade treat even if it’s not completely homemade.
How to Make Chocolate Covered Pretzels:
- 6 Squares of Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate (Or chocolate chips)
- 26 Salted Pretzel Rods
- Plus your favorite toppings. I used unsweetened coconut flakes and sprinkles for mine.
- Melt chocolate in microwave for 30 seconds, stir and heat 30 seconds more.
- Continue heating in 10 second increments until chocolate is melted.
- Pour chocolate in cup.
- Dip pretzels halfway into the chocolate and use the cup to swirl and evenly coat the stick.
- Scrape off any excess chocolate on the cup sides.
- Dip into your favorite topping or pour topping on if appropriate.
- Place on a baking sheet that has been covered with wax paper.
- Store in fridge for 15 minutes or until the chocolate hardens.
- stick equals one serving. I place about 4-5 sticks in a clear treat bag and instant gift!
We placed about 4-5 pretzels in our treat bags and viola! These are the perfect combination of salty and sweet. It’s really hard to beat a homemade gift. This particular one is easy and impressive. It’s a family favorite.
What’s your go to treat bag treat? Do you enjoy homemade gifts?