Lately I feel as if I have been doing a lot of self discovery. Maybe that’s not even true, might I say I’m admitting things about myself that I have known all along. The good, the bad, the ugly and I’m owning it.
I learned that I……..
10. I can’t stop talking even when I know what I’m saying doesn’t make any sense. ( I hate this and wonder how long I have been doing this or if this is a new phenomenon. I recently caught myself twice trying to make a point and just losing it, but I continued talking. Ugh.)
9. I hold grudges and have a hard time letting things go. ( The husband called me out on this one and I even had to laugh. I think I hit bottom when I brought up something that happened about 10 years ago and the husband just laughed at me and said, “You really need to let that go.” He’s right.)
8. I fell for a couple narcissists that I truly thought were my friends. ( I’m sure if I said anything to either of them they would blame it on me! LOL!)
7. I am uncomfortable receiving compliments even though I like hearing them. ( I just don’t know what to say besides, “Thank you.” Is that really enough?)
6. I can’t do everything. ( That’s right folks, I’m not a super mom and that’s okay. What I can do is say no more often and hold people accountable for their own stuff.)
This is where the good stuff starts. (Or is this all good stuff?)
5. I am loyal. ( Someone tried to convince me once that this was a bad thing. It’s not. If you are my friend or my family I will go to the ends of the Earth for you. If you hurt me that’s on you not me.)
4. I need to listen to more of the advice I dole out to the kids. ( Especially…”Get out of your box and just start talking to people! If you are yourself the right people will be attracted you!”)
3. I can set the mood for the day. ( If I don’t feel like doing something then my kids won’t. Sometimes I need to suck it up and be positive so they can can make their own assumptions and not feed off of my emotions. )
2. I play the middle and someone needs to be that person. ( I run interference. Whether it’s with my friends, family, school, etc. I am the one in the middle trying to make peace, explain the other side, and well, just make it all better. Somehow that’s my role and I accept even though it’s a hard place to be. )
1. I have perspective, but can still see the big picture. ( This has been a gift to me that recently popped up in my life. More about this at another time.)