Life teaches us lessons every day if we just pay attention. Sometimes the lessons are funny, other times sad, but each time you learn something new about yourself and how you view the world, you grow. I’ve been writing this post for years now and it has helped me examine my life and the world around me. I hope it helps other people take a look or at least pay more attention to things that happen every day. The thing that you learn doesn’t need to be Earth shattering to be important. As you can see by my list, but I keep at it. What are the lessons that you are learning today?
This week I learned that :
10. sometimes you run into people in the store and it’s obvious they don’t want to be seeing you. ( Come on, you know we’ve all done it. You see someone you know and you try to hide or pretend like you don’t see them. Or at the doctors office etc!)
9. I’m not the only one that hates it when someone describes their leggings as buttery soft. ( If you don’t get this one then don’t worry about it. It seems to be the latest mom trend that I won’t name.)
8. sometimes plans change for the best. (As a parent things change from day to day, we’ve all had our child get sick at the most unexpected time. I found real joy in the unexpected if you just surrender to it. Letting go of how you think things should be and welcoming what is can be a gift.)
7. I’m still in search of an awesome panini. ( Why is it so difficult to get a good panini? The worst has to be when you order a panini and they give you a smushed roll! I need a panini maker- ASAP!)
6. I can’t resist stepping up to be room parent again. ( I swore I would never, ever, do this again! I avoided it for 2 years, but I’m back. I just can’t have my son be in a class where no one wants to do it. Everyone wants to help, but no one wants to be in charge. So, yes I did it and yes, this is the last year my child will even have a room parent so it’s kind of like I’m completing the circle. Wish me luck!)
5. I’m a Mac and Cheese addict. ( I admit it. My life would not be complete if there wasn’t any mac and cheese. I like it all boxed, frozen, homemade- just bring it on!)
4. it saddened me to watch some of the things that have played out online this week. (I’m not just talking about the politics, but other behavior I have witnessed between adults. I’m finding the adults are no better than children.)
3. blurry photos on Instagram, Facebook or any other social media outlet drive me crazy. ( I understand posting something and maybe not being able to see it well, but it’s the people that constantly post blurry photos over and over again that kill me. I want to comment, “Maybe an eye examine is in order.”)
2. I committed one of my most hated pet peeves. ( Yes, I didn’t read the ENTIRE email well! Ugh, I committed to posting I might not have if I had only had all the details. You know, the details that were right in front of me!)
1. I have so much to say about number 1 that it might need it’s own post. ( In a nutshell: You don’t live my life, don’t tell me what I should or shouldn’t be doing. My family comes first and I will continue to say NO to every thing that doesn’t feel good or fit into what is best for us. I will NOT apologize for that. )
What have you learned this week? Do you like a good panini or mac and cheese too?