FATIMA AVAILABLE TO OWN FOR THE FIRST TIME
ON DIGITAL AND ON DVD
FROM UNIVERSAL PICTURES HOME ENTERTAINMENT
About FATIMA Movie:
In 1917, outside the parish of Fátima, Portugal, a 10-year-old girl and her two younger cousins witness multiple visitations of the Virgin Mary, who tells them that only prayer and suffering will bring an end to WWI. Word of the sighting spreads across the country, inspiring religious pilgrims to flock to the site in hopes of witnessing a miracle. Inspired by real-life events and starring Goran Višnji? (Beginners), Joaquim de Almeida (“Queen of the South”), Stephanie Gil (Terminator: Dark Fate), Lúcia Moniz (Love, Actually), with Golden Globe® nominee Sônia Braga (Aquarius) and Academy Award® nominee Harvey Keitel (The Piano), FATIMA has been hailed by critics as “beautiful and moving,” (Richard Roeper, Chicago Sun Times) and is an uplifting story about the power of faith.
Take a look:
Growing up Catholic, I have always been fascinated with the story of Fatima and other sightings of Mary. This story is simple, but the emotions of the children are conveyed in an artful way. The audience has a glimpse of what the children might have been feeling and what the families had possibly gone through during this time. While not overly dramatic, it is a nice movie to share with family and grow your faith. Faith is something we need these days and this film can be an inspiration for some. The extras included in the DVD and digital are worth the watch. Andrea Bocelli performs an original song and speaks about what inspired him to be involved in this production.
- Andrea Bocelli: The Making Of “Gratia Plena” – Watch the recording of an original song from the film, “Gratia Plena,” performed by legendary operatic tenor Andrea Bocelli and hear what inspired him to become involved with the story of FATIMA.
- The Vision of Director Marco Pontecorvo – A deeper look at the emotional and spiritual story as writer/director Marco Pontecorvo discusses the making of the film and the inspiration behind his vision to bring FATIMA to the screen.
- Meet the Seers of FATIMA – The talented young stars who play the shepherds share their experiences making FATIMA, life on set and what they hope audiences take away from the film.
- Meet the Cast of FATIMA – Discover the real-life characters portrayed in FATIMA as you sit down with the extraordinary cast who discuss their roles and the making of the period piece.
- The Making of a Miracle – An inside look at the reimagining of the historical spectacular “The Miracle of the Sun” depicted in the film.
- Behind the Lens of FATIMA – Go behind the camera with the crew of FATIMA as they reveal the filmmaking process to bring the inspirational and emotional spiritual drama to life.
- Set Design and the Art of Cristina Onori – A featurette showcasing the historic filming locations and how production designer Cristina Onori worked to bring this specific time period in Portugal to life.
- Costume Design and the Art of Daniela Ciancio – See up-close the process costume designer Daniela Ciancio took to bring an authentic look and feel to the clothes featured in FATIMA.