Ah, yes another challenge for this mom. I’ve had to scale down any big lifestyle change plans in order to make things work in my life. Both of my boys keep getting sick and I still have numbness in my mouth, it has been a bumpy ride over here. So, for now I’m going to take the next 30 days to change my health, my life, and my body. Ready to spend a month with me? Yes, I’m not so sure either!
I’m starting real simple and here is what I’ve accomplished on day 1.
1. I’m focusing on diet (healthy foods, not weightloss) For the first few days, I’m just concentrating on eliminating these items from my diet.
- No meat
- No dairy
- No sugar
- No alcohol
I’m allergic to dairy, so that’s a must. Meat, seriously, I only eat chicken and the occasional something else, it has to just go. Sugar, I don’t have a sweet tooth so no biggie here for me. Alcohol- THIS is killing me and just so you know I already cheated on that one!
2. I started a food journal so that I can see what I’m eating (and drinking)and how much. My friends think I’m some big health guru, but if they saw what I’ve been eating they’d be disappointed. I know I was. No wonder I’m tired, bloated and just feel crappy at times.
3. I took back my kitchen table. The boys had taken over my table with books and craft items and I want it back. They were great. I made them clean it all up by themselves before dinner and they new exactly where everything goes and didn’t complain. Wow- why didn’t I do this sooner.
4. I also pledge to get and stay dressed (not get changed when I get home) everyday. If your a SAHM you now what I mean. It takes longer, but you have to do it. I also have been wearing make up daily and accessorizing.
5. I did not exercise today unless you count how many times I went up and down the stairs.
6. I also started the Meal Plan again. That is simply me checking the shopping flyer against my pantry and planning meals for the week. Saves time and money.
Okay, well it’s a start. I also came clean to the fact that I’m in a rut and something needs to change. This seems like a start. I’m exhausted.