Spaghetti squash is something that I would have never thought to use in a salad. Be Your Best Mom writer Marcia Kellogg just reviewed the Quick Dry Salad Spinner by Cave Tools and included in your purchase is the digital copy of “Salad Essentials For The Busy Parent”. Marcia used this recipe and paired it with her Venison Stew. I don’t know about you, but spaghetti squash has never looked so good!
Using the Quick Dry Salad Spinner from Cave Tools, Marcia cleaned and prepped her vegetables. You can read her review HERE. Fall is the perfect time of year to use spaghetti squash. Here is the recipe from “Salad Essentials For The Busy Parent”.
Spaghetti Squash Harvest Garden Salad:
- 2 sm or 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh garden oregano, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh garden basil, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, grated
- ¼ tsp kosher salt, to taste
- ¼ tsp fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced small
- 1 medium carrot, diced small
- 1 stalk celery, diced small
- 1 small yellow squash, diced small
- 1 medium green pepper, diced small
- 3 green onions, chopped, including tops
- 6-8 black olives, chopped (any kind of ripe olives)
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- reheat the oven to 350?F
- Prepare the spaghetti squash by cutting lengthwise and scooping out the seeds and pulp. (The ‘spaghetti’ is NOT the pulp… it actually is what appears to be the solid part of the squash, which turns into noodles after it’s cooked.)
- Lightly oil the cut side of the squash and place cut-side-down on a large baking sheet. Pierce several times with a knife. Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 45 minutes or until you can insert a fork into the top. Remove and let cool.
- Flip spaghetti squash over and, using a fork, start pulling the meat of the squash out and into a large bowl. The meat will come out in strands, forming the spaghetti. Set aside in a cool area.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, red wine vinegar, olive oil, oregano, basil, parsley, garlic, salt and black pepper until combined and creamy. Add more olive oil if desired.
- Pour this vinaigrette dressing into the bowl with the spaghetti squash and toss to combine and loosen up the ‘noodles.’
- Add the remaining ingredients into the bowl with the spaghetti squash and toss until combined very well.
- Cover the bowl loosely with parchment paper or a paper plate and put in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Toss again before serving.
This recipe has been copied with permission from the digital copy of “Salad Essentials For The Busy Parent” included with your Quick Dry Salad Spinner purchase from Cave Tools.