“I was provided with product samples as a Good Cook Blogger to facilitate my review. All thoughts are my own.”
Recently, I received a set of Produce Keepers from Good Cook and I’ve been giving them a try to see if they really do keep food fresh longer. These Vegetable Keepers are apart of the Good Cook ProFreshionals brand.Honestly. I would have never purchased these items as I have always viewed them as more of a novelty, but I have found that thought to be incorrect. I’m impressed with how well these Keepers preserve produce. I noticed a big difference using the Tomato Keeper. I had a sliced tomato wrapped in plastic and one in the keeper and it was just as fresh as when I sliced it in there, unlike the other tomato. I also stored my asparagus in an Asparagus Keeper for a week in the fridge. I usually leave mine on the counter in a bowl of water. Once again the keeper kept the produce fresh. The two stems that where touching the sides of the Keeper were a little soft, but now I know to make sure the tops don’t touch the sides. Success was also found with the other keepers. My final thoughts: These are not just cute veggie shaped novelties. They actually work to keep the food fresh and keep your refrigerator clean and tidy! I say yes to the Produce Keepers!
My Recipe for Spring Asparagus and Citrus Salad:
- 8 ounces of asparagus, trimmed, and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 large orange
- 2 tomatoes, sliced into wedges
- 3 cups of Spring Mix salad ( Or whatever green salad you'd like)
- 2 TBS Balsamic vinaigrette
- Splash of cooking Sherry
- Begin by cooking the asparagus in boiling salted water for 3-4 minutes till tender. Drain and run under cold water.
- Grate the zest of half an orange and put aside. Peel both oranges and segment them. Squeeze remaining juice from membranes and put aside.
- Place first 4 ingredients into a large salad bowl. In a separate bowl mix vinaigrette with 1 TBS of the reserved orange juice and 1 teaspoon of zest. Add salt and pepper to taste. Pour over salad before serving and gently toss.
4 lucky readers will each win a Produce Keeper Set of their own valued at $42.00. Giveaway ends June 25, 2013. Us Only. Be Your Best Mom is not responsible for shipping. Most prizes will arrived in 4-6 weeks. Please wait for the form to load and good luck!
If you can’t wait to win or want want to shop Good Cooks we have a promo code for you!
Good Cooks Promo Code:
You can now receive 25% off your purchase of these produce Keepers as well as your entire order at www.goodcook.com with promo code: KEEPERS. Also when you buy any produce you can receive a free Banana Keeper with your online purchase!
Pin or Like any of these Produce Keepers on Pinterest or Facebook for 10 additional entries!
Green Pepper Keeper