I can’t remember if my children had issues with allergies last year during this time, but they are this year and so am I. I try make sure that I give my guys a dose of Children’s Claritin in the mornings to help keep their allergies at bay. Other allergy medicines tend to make them to lethargic for schoolwork. As a Children’s Claritin Mom Crew member I get advice and tips from the maker’s of Claritin from time to time and I’d like to share these allergy tips with you.
Back-to-School Allergy Tips from Claritin:
1. Be sure to have Children’s Claritin, the #1 pediatrician-recommended non-drowsy allergy brand, on hand!
2. Multi-vitamins are building blocks to having a strong immune system. Make taking a multi-vitamin part of your
child’s daily routine.
3. Let there be light! Mold doesn’t like sunlight, so try to keep your curtains open during the day. Should be easy
during the summer months!
4. Did you know that most pillows trap allergens, dust mites, and bacteria? Monitor the cleanliness of the pillow
your child with allergies sleeps on and replace if necessary.
5. Back to school season means lots of laundry for many moms. Be sure to remove laundry from the washing
machine promptly. Allowing wet clothes to sit in the washer means mold can quickly grow there.
6. Monitor pollen counts and adjust outdoor before and after school activities accordingly. Dry, windy days
can be particularly high in pollen.
7. Showering or bathing at the end of the day as opposed to the morning can be helpful in removing allergens
from body surfaces and hair.
8. Stay hydrated! Always send your child to school with a bottle of water. Drinking lots of clear fluids through the
day can help get rid of toxins and flush out body.
9. Peak pollen production typically occurs in early morning, so try to plan outside activities at other times of the
Children’s Claritin has also teamed up with the national non-profit KaBOOM! to help bring innovative playspaces to schools in need. Please take a moment and visit Claritin on Facebook and vote for one of 12 finalists between 8/1-10/31. Help children find a creative space to play!