I did a twist on this post last week and I think I might do that from time to time. I hate it when I have a week were the only things I learned came from negative experiences. I guess that’s life sometimes. I just don’t like to spew too much negative, even when it’s a learning experience. I feel like there is enough toxic spew these days. This week was a bit of both and maybe even more so a realization for me about what people actually think is happening and what is really happening. This week I seem to be the go to person for everyone and I’m taking a step back and being selfish for a change.
This week I learned that:
10. if I do a little bit of laundry here and there it won’t get to be so overwhelming. ( It does however get to feel like I do it all the time. BORING! This is just for you C!)
9. as much as I thought I would grow out of it I still hate it when people tell me what to do or what I should be doing. ( I know it’s so immature, but it’s the truth. I fight authority.)
8. One of the reasons I love October is the fact that lots of horror movies are on TV. ( I love horror and I hate it that I can’t watch when I want to because of the kids. Hopefully one of them will love it as I do someday.)
7. having one child at school and another child being homeschooled actually makes all the bullshit I hate about school not so bad. ( I can’t explain it, but I feel more confident and in control. It’s like balance has been achieved.)
6. I am officially a whole pants size smaller. ( That’s right! I can actually get into the next smaller size as well, but just because you can fit into them doesn’t mean you should wear them! So, I’m sticking with the official one size smaller statement. Feeling good!)
5. people aren’t always interested in the process, but only the end result. ( I am a writer. I do reviews. NO, there is no place for you to sign up and get free shit or meet celebrities. You need to work for that. Thank you.)
4. It’s always going to be disappointing when you hold someone to a higher level and they let you down. ( Another lesson in the fact that we are all the same and we all make mistakes. No one is perfect and expecting someone else to be when you are not can only lead to disappointment. sigh…..)
3. opening up to new people and new experiences is certainly something I need to do more of in my life. ( Instead of running away from folks and waiting for people to talk to me I need to open up my big mouth and just go for it. Yes, I’m sure you are surprised by the fact that I consider myself an introvert. It’s against everything Leo about me, but somehow that’s how I roll. Working on it I am. Open box and step outside.)
2. even though I’ve said it before I DO need to be a bit more selfish. ( People have really been going out of their way to ask for things lately and I just can’t deliver nor do I want to at this point. I’m starting to feel like people are taking advantage of me. Not a good feeling. I need more boundaries.)
1. taking a break doesn’t mean you are weak, it means that you know your limits and how to take care of yourself. ( I am not an endless pool of energy, commitment or resources. No one can be and we need to learn to listen to the rhythm of life and slow down. We all need to go back to the basics sometimes. You can’t move forward unless you know how you got there and where you have been.)
Enjoy the rest of the week!