Fall has been zen-like for me. As we are nearing the end of October I feel a great peace all around me. While I am not there yet, I do feel as if I’m on the right path of change in my life. Not just me, but my family as well. Yes, there have been many challenges, but we have all been handling them quite well. There will always be challenges. Things are never going to be perfect. I think there is peace in knowing just that. Here we go……..
Lately I have learned that:
10. I have become that old person that hates technology. ( LOL! We bought a new car and the bluetooth, radio, and etc have been a real pain in the ass to learn. I get it now. I totally get why older people don’t want to bother learning new things. I’m wishing for a dial and a cassette player! Isn’t this suppose to be easier?)
9. when your kid is sick you are pretty much their bitch. (Yes, I said it. You know it’s true.)
8. people really hated how many vacation photos I posted this summer. ( I think we can all agree that there are so many things that annoy us on our feeds- just move on.)
7. I feel uncomfortable wearing shirts with writing on them. ( I love the shirts, but can’t stand people staring at my boobs trying to read it. Ugh.)
6. you shouldn’t knock it till you try it. ( I admit that I make fun of or don’t use certain products or visit certain places. I need to keep my mouth shut unless I’ve honestly have given it a go.)
5. if you have to constantly tell people you are a #BadAss #Adventurer #Anything, you probably aren’t. Those people don’t need to tell folks who they are, we all know it because they live it.)
4. there is no such thing as too much food. ( When I hold an event I expect leftovers, if there are no leftovers then there wasn’t enough food.)
3. if you believe in something you should never have to feel shame for it. ( Hey, we all have different beliefs. I usually keep my mouth shut, but lately I’ve been speaking up. I have found that by doing that I am more respected. Don’t let the mob make you feel shame.)
2. it is important to do things that scare you. Those things will make you feel the most alive. ( I have been actively trying to do things that scare me for almost a year now. I always have been , but it has been here and there. Sometimes it is a big thing and sometimes it might be something small that is just as terrifying to me. I swear, if you are in a rut just pick something and do it. I promise it will change your life.)
1. it’s all about me. ( This entire post is all about me. Any reactions that you have are all about you. I have been living a much more peaceful life now that I try to practice that perspective. When I start feeling something towards someone or something I try to identify what is making me react that way. Always look at yourself first in any given situation, you’ll be surprised at what you can learn.