And that’s about how I feel this week in June, upside down!
I’m telling you that this year is really kicking me in the ass. Nothing major, but just one series of unfortunate events after the other with incredible triumphs in between. Such is life though, filled with ups and downs. My oldest is on his final week of school. He will be a freshman next year and I just can’t believe that our time has passed so quickly. Everyone said it would, but I’m not one to believe the masses. My bad. I feel as if we are on the apex of major change and in more ways than one. Change is good. Change is hard. Change keeps life interesting. I’m in whether I want to be or not. I’m going to give it my all and rest in it. Here is what has been happening…….
I learned that:
10. some people haven’t figured out yet that if you open a Facebook message the sender can see that it was opened. (So, either don’t open the message or stop lying about it and telling me that you “just saw it”. This also works for email if you pay a fee by the way.)
9. when a person lacks work ethic they usually also lack loyalty and respect. ( My dad always said that no one will ever take care of your business like you do.)
8. not only do several parents actually “do” their kids projects, but they also brag about it. ( I think these people are missing the point that it is their kids project and not their responsibility to complete it for them. More on this later)
7. the loss of a pet is horrific, but having people who understand and reach out to you helps in the healing. ( We recently lost 4 of our chickens and the kids and I were devastated. I thought people would laugh as they are chickens, but people embraced us with kindness. It was very much appreciated.)
6. chickens are actually smarter than people think. (When our coop was attacked in the middle of the night we gathered the remaining birds and brought them inside our house for the night. After reinforcing the coop the next day the birds refused to return to it. They waited by my front door and even began flying up and hitting my windows trying to get in. Wow! Since then we have gotten them to return.)
5. when push comes to shove even the vegetarian will arm himself ready to defend his flock. ( My 12-year-old non-violent, peace-loving vegetarian came running out of the house with a huge kitchen knife when the chaos broke out in the coop. (Ummm, I’m both scared and proud at the same time. We had him put the knife down, but in a million years I never thought he would ever be at the ready to defend himself. We saw different side to him. And yes, we had a talk about it.)
4. life happens even when you don’t post about it. ( I frequently get accused of posting too much on Facebook. When I mentioned to someone about something that I did, they seem shocked because they didn’t see it on Facebook. I have to laugh. Life happens whether I post it or not. I actually do a lot more than what I post and those are some of the best times.)
3. if you can’t get a thank you from someone then they aren’t worth giving to in the first place. (Doesn’t anyone say thank you anymore? Send a note possibly? Le Sigh….)
2. I still have no idea what some people look like because the only photos of themselves they post are overly filtered. ( I know I have complained about this before, but it drives me crazy. When are people going to learn that they are enough? You are enough! #NoFilerFabulous Plus, everyone knows it’s a filter by the way.)
1. mourning someone who is still alive, but has given up the will to live, is much harder than mourning someone who has passed away. ( It can make a person feel so helpless to watch someone in this condition.)
As June comes to a close, what is on your Summer bucket list?