Just by the picture I’m sure you know where this post is going and it has nothing to do with the toilet! I’m not complaining about the husband or two charming children I live, but they do seem to think that only I can perform certain tasks. Maybe the truth is that they don’t think at all or they just love hearing me complain. I just you would have to ask them. I’ve tried and I just get stares or half-hearted apologies. Well, moms everywhere I’m dying to know if you too are the only one that can perform these tasks around the house.
Around the house I seem to be the only one that can:
10.change the toilet paper roll. (Yes, it seems that even when another one is readily available it takes my special skill set to remove the old and replace with the new.)
9. throw away the leftover toilet paper cardboard tube. (Even when I have the foresight to see that a new roll needs to be put on and I place the almost used roll on the ledge it gets used, but the paper tube remains. I tested my theory and it will sit there for days until I can’t take it anymore and throw it away)
8. put dishwasher fluid in the dishwasher and push the on the button. (Sad, but true. They will continue to fill the poor thing beyond capacity just not to be the one to do it!)
7. empty a milk or juice carton. ( It seems to be too much to finish the 1/4 cup of drink because that would require that you throw out the carton. The rinse and recycle is such a burden I suppose.)
6. remember to feed the pets. ( Seriously, I had to write this down a daily check list for the kids. Even with the list I find myself giving them snacks and water in between. Sigh…)
5. get all my dirty clothes into the laundry basket. ( Somehow the baskets are not large enough or everyone has bad aim, but the amount of socks and other items I pick up around the basket is ridiculous. My husband is the worst.)
4. bring the full laundry basket into the laundry room. ( Everyone loves to complain when the item they are looking for dirty, but no one can bring the item to the laundry room.)
3. wipe down the kitchen table and counters. (Sure everyone can spill stuff and get crumbs all over the place, but wiping it down with a cloth and water just crosses the line.)
2. remove the dried up toothpaste that has fallen into the sink. (I know, it’s sad.)
1. complain about it! (Yes, I am the only one that can complain about it all!!!