Mornings always seem to ride the line between frantic or lazy, sometimes you don’t which until it happens. Well, my boys really like a hot breakfast so I have come up with a few time-saving tips to help me get through breakfast no matter which morning I get.
Time Saving Pancake Tips:
1. Try to cook hot breakfasts that you can freeze on the weekend. ( I make French Toast, Pancakes, Egg Sandwiches, and Mini Quiche then freeze them for the week.)
2. If you can double the batch, If you really want to go for it quadruple it! ( I double my pancake recipe to cook and freeze. While I have all the ingredients out I also make another two batches in a jar that just includes the dry ingredients. That way you are ready to go for another round!)
3. Making your own mix saves money and packaging. Plus, you know exactly what’s in your pancakes!
4. I have had many moms tell me that their child won’t eat homemade pancakes because they aren’t perfectly round. ( My advice to you is try to figure it out. I use this gravy ladle, nothing fancy and my pancakes are perfectly round and fluffy with just one scoop.) If you want to get fancy you can buy a Pancake Pen or dispenser to make fun shapes.
Hey, it’s nothing fancy just a basic mix that you can make your own. Some of the things I add are blueberries, strawberries, chocolate chips, vanilla, apples and well, you get the idea!
- Butter, oil, or non-stick cooking spray ( Your choice)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 TBS sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- Fresh Ground Cinnamon to taste ( optional)
- Preheat cooking surface with butter. ( Or other choice)
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, beat your egg and milk.
- Pour liquid ingredients in dry mix and combine until smooth.
- Add any extras if you wish. ( Fruit, chocolate chips, vanilla, cinnamon...)
- Pour, scoop or ladle unto hot griddle and brown on both sides.